Saturday, October 10, 2009

A NEW TWIST

When I first started this blog, it was a while back. I was frustrated by my weight. I named the blog what I did because I figured I would take itty bitty baby steps, one at a time and lose it! (I never did.)

I've changed the focus of this blog though. Still taking itty bitty baby steps, one day (sometimes one hour) at a time, I am going to rid my body of the cancer that has been found.

It was diagnosed on September 24, 2009 as a squamous cell anal cancer. A lot happened before the 24th of September to get me to that point, which I will write about another time. Now though, I am on pain meds 24/7 and am waiting for the next dose of Darvicet to kick in. I have been sitting for a while (paid bills) and need to get in a different position. This thing hurts!

I also think I need to post a "before" picture, not knowing what the during and after will be like!
















4 comments:

Tracy said...

Gosh, that was a terrible phonecall to receive.

Mom, your positive outlook comforts everyone. We love you and of course are praying for you! Keep your chin up.... and just keep thinking what you have told us a thousand times... "this too shall pass..." By the way.. when you do have those not-so-strong/positive moments, it's okay! Just make sure you share it with us. We are here to love and support you. One little inch by a time! Love you!!

Jody said...

I think journaling this will provide so much for you. I am so happy you have decided to keep this blog.

We love you and are with you every step of the way!

Anonymous said...

If you wanted to lose weight, you could have picked an easier way, you know! :D
You are the strongest and awesomest lady I know and I adore you. You will bounce back from this thing and be yet another example for me to look up to. Hang in there bebeh.

xox jan

Beth said...

I will check this blog often. I love your updates.Thank you for doing it. I love you!